Picture Days at Upland Country Day School
I am so PUMPED to finally share the news that I will be this year's photographer for Upland Country Day School. For years, I have personally yearned for a school picture of my children that I actually wanted to buy. This year, our goal is to deliver exactly that.
As Mr. Manahan shared, many of you know me as Tessa and Olivia's mom. My girls have been at UCDS since pre-K and every year we fall more in love with our school! I want to create portraits that not only honor our children as individuals - a hallmark of the UCDS experience - but also incorporate the beauty of campus.
What will be different this year?
- A la carte prints - Each family will have control over which prints they order and in what quantity.
- A wider array of products - Say we really nail it with your child's portrait and you want to create a greeting card for family or a gallery-wrap canvas for the family room. This year, you can create a variety of photo products that go well beyond simple prints. Holiday gifts, anyone?
- Personality! - I will aim to have 3 photos of each child for you to choose from, and in one pose will really encourage them to let their personality shine. Expect magic (...and maybe a good laugh!)
- No advance ordering - No pressure to submit an order before you even see the images. You will have 30 days after receiving your proofing gallery to place an order.
- The AGP touch - Our photographs have been published broadly across the US. I'm thrilled to bring my artful and organic photography style to the Upland campus.
For your child's portraits, I recommend layers and textures, which add to the composition of the photographs. Think chunky knits, vests, tweeds, and heavy cottons. If your child would like to have a cap on for one of their poses, send one along. Baseball caps are discouraged as they cast the face in shadow, but hats with smaller brims lend panache to any portrait. Small checks/gingham, as well as pinstripes, do not photograph well and create strange lines. Just a few things to consider.
More than anything, your child should feel comfortable. No new shoes on picture day!
This gallery represents excerpts from family sessions over the past year. You can get a feel for AGP's photographic style, while allowing for variation based on your unique child and the Upland setting.
Looking forward to seeing you all on campus soon!
Please feel free to contact me at email@example.com with any questions.